Monday, November 9, 2009

Walmart: At What Price Does a Good Deal Cost?

This is a selfmade image from the english wiki...
 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Today, I have a beef with WALMART

Yeah, we all enjoy a good deal on a product and service. We love to shop and find discounts, deals, and an overall savings in this rough economy, right? But at what cost? Walmart is one of the, if not the largest retailer in the WORLD. 5 of the Walton clan are on the 500 richest people of the world list, so then can some one PLEASE explain to me why they have to cheat their employees out of their HARD EARNED money?
Walmart Clock
Walmart Clock (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
A couple of years ago I read where a woman was injured, used her insurance, then Walmart sued HER for the amount of the insurance, they won, and ultimately paid her bills, but my question is, why did they have to put her family through that?
In 2006, a California judge finds Walmart guilty of not giving their employees a lunch break. $172 MILLION dollars worth of lunches. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/22/business/main1159752.shtml
How in the hell does this happen?
In the headline above, (see link) a Nevada judge approved a seetlement for Walmart to pay 85 MILLION back to their employees for being forced to work off the clock.
English: Inside the Walmart (still branded as ...
English: Inside the Walmart (still branded as Wal-Mart) at West Plains, Missouri. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Yeah, we might get some real bargins from Walmart, but at what cost? Walmart is a very young company and some employees have been in their stores sense day 1 and are vested in the company. They have helped make WalMart what it is today and this is how they are being treated. I'm afraid Sam is rolling in his grave right, and he should.
I, myself, no longer shop at WalMart because, well, anybody who will steal from their own employees, will most definately steal from a customer. I now enjoy the awesome deals I get from K-Mart / Target / and local-community stores in my area. It's a personal choice, yes, but it's my way of giving back to my community and my local merchants and I'm not giving WalMart a chance to steal a dollar from me.
My heart and prayers go out to the employees of WalMart and hopefully one day they will learn how to treat the little people.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, question, and or your own resource.
(Comments, questions, or resources must be relative to post) Thank You

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis